The Sharon Township Planning Commission assumes duties related to planning and development, rezoning, site plan reviews and more. They provide the Township Board with guidance and recommendations while acting in an advisory capacity on matters of text amendments and rezonings.
The Planning Commission duties include the following:
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the Township's Master Plan.
- Recommending revisions to the Zoning Ordinance and map to the Township Board.
- Review rezoning requests and make recommendations to the Township Board for a final decision.
- Review and make recommendations to the Township Board on all residential, commercial, and industrial site plan applications.
- The review and approval of Special Land Use requests.